Zalo DS Blog

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Reasons to Love Homebrew development

Sometimes I think about it... why does people make their homebrew applications? Well, one thing is for sure... it is not for money. And if you think about it a little bit, that's great!

I think that there are a lot of people out there thinking, "Man, I'd like to create a game for the DS", but they don't do it. Why not? Because their companies are not interested on doing that... then, Why don't they do it by themshelves? Well, I think there are another explanations but basically some people don't do it because they are not going to receive anything in exchange.

Well, aren't they? Really? I think that people should think about it. Why are you developing videogames? Money,? That's all? I have discovered in the last months that there are something else. Of course you need money, you have to survive. But there is also a big pleasure seeing that people are intererested in what you are doing. A bit of satisfaction seeing people playing what you have created, just enjoying it. I think it's the best reward. Because that what videogames are really for, entertainment. You are not just typying lines of code, you are creating entertainment. So, the most entertained (that't this word exists?) your game is the better it is. That's all. You can make a videogme and earn a lot of money with it but if people doesn't like it you are not really happy at all.

Why do I love homebrew development for the DS? Well, first because I do what I really am interested on, and do it my way. Second, because I love this machine, really! And third and most importan: People are interested. They care about it. I released Rokoban just two weeks ago, a Sunday night. Next day, on Monday, I googled for it. How many url's were talking about the project??? It was awesome. I was completely amazed. But above all, I was really really happy. And so is Roko



Thanks, everyone

PD: anyway... don't spend your life developing all the day ;) Just enjoy it

4 Comments:

  • eres un crack men, espero q te sigas divirtiendo desarrollando juegos y espero q algún día coincidamos haciendo uno y q no sea en una semana muertos de sueño. jjajaaj be happie.

    no escribo esto en inglés porq no me apetece un pedo.

    By Blogger flipper83, at July 21, 2008 10:50 AM  

  • Chapó!!

    Me uno a la petición de Flipper. Ojala algún día coincidamos todos ^^

    By Blogger Morpheo, at July 21, 2008 11:15 AM  

  • No dude, thanks to you, and you make me feel like doing the same and love to code. If I had only 1% of your talent...

    By Blogger chinovader, at July 23, 2008 8:23 PM  

  • No way...
    By the way, it is not all about talent, believe me

    By Blogger Zalo, at July 23, 2008 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home