Zalo DS Blog

Monday, July 07, 2008

Rokoban, a Sokoban version, in 3D





I remeber when was the first time I played Sokoban. It was on my Gameboy. I was only 12 and it was summer. That summer I bought one of those 16-in-1 cartdridges. There were a lot of awesome games there but there was one that I remember specially. I didn't even knew his name until some years later. It was an awesome game that made me spent a lot of time thinking and having fun. There was a guy with a hat and some boxes that you had to push to some cells that were marked with points. I didn't need some instructions or something like that to play it, the game was in Japanesse. And I think that is one of the wonderful things of this game. It was intuitive, fun and gave you that felling of satisfaction when you finished a level you have been trying for days. It was Sokoban.

A lot of ports of this game have been released since then, for all platforms, including the DS. But anyway I wanted to make my own version :D I have spent a lof of time on it. Not because it is very hard to develop (I coded the logic of the game in just an afternoom and in 3 weeks I had my first playable demo) but because at the time of developing this game I have also been improving ZEngine. The version that I've made is on 3D and I thinks is the first one like that released on the DS. You can also load set of levels from your card and I think this is also new too. And the main character of the game is Roko, one of the character that I draw for my weekly comic strip tinomi. I had the model done years ago, it was going to be on 1010 Locos por el tenis, and finally I have been able to place it on a game

Ok, that's all from me, at the moment. Here I leave you the versions for Windows and Nintendo DS. There is no version for Symbian. You now what? I hate Symbian, it is horribleeeeeeee. Yes that's the truth, you don't program for Symbian, you fight! XDDDD And I am tired. I don't know if I'll continue supporting Symbian versions or not. Who knows. Hope you enjoy the game. For any suggestion of bug report, you know where to find me :P

Download Windows Version
Download Nintendo DS Version

17 Comments:

  • windows version jar is corrupt. i cant extracts files.

    By Blogger flipper83, at July 07, 2008 9:52 AM  

  • Yes, I know. I'll fix it when I got home this afternoom.

    Anyway, the game has been designed for the DS, so just enjoy the good version :P

    By Blogger Zalo, at July 07, 2008 9:58 AM  

  • tanto te cuesta volver a comprimir el fichero y subirlo tio cerdo? q no tengo aki la ds?? XD

    By Blogger flipper83, at July 07, 2008 12:18 PM  

  • I am not at home, man

    do you think that I have all my projects with me the whole day? I have to get home so that I can upload it because it is on my laptop

    Pd: ostias ya XDD

    By Blogger Zalo, at July 07, 2008 2:56 PM  

  • ops i didnt read this "Yes, I know. I'll fix it when I got home this afternoom. " im sorry ^_^U

    By Blogger flipper83, at July 07, 2008 5:17 PM  

  • One post in English, one post in spanish... XDDDDD

    Anyway, it's fixed now :P Thanks for letting me know

    By Blogger Zalo, at July 07, 2008 7:46 PM  

  • This game is great! I really love the fade/transition effect.

    If you could add some sound and maybe a bit more variation in the textures it would rock even harder.

    Great job Zalo

    --Seb

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 09, 2008 9:38 AM  

  • I am going to need some need with the sound. It's hard to find someone who wants to make musics for free.

    And I love the transiction effect too!! ;D

    By Blogger Zalo, at July 09, 2008 9:52 AM  

  • Hola Gonzalo ! .
    no sé nada de ti desde hace un montón , ¡ ya no te conectas al msn ! ( o por lo menos no te veo nunca ) .
    Te tendré que mandar un email o similar ... mucha suerte !! espero que te esté llendo muy bien .

    By Blogger platinio, at July 10, 2008 10:06 AM  

  • I'm having a lot of fun playing this game, dude, very good finish to it! Congratulations and thank you very much for sharing!

    By Blogger chinovader, at July 11, 2008 10:40 PM  

  • Thanks... MUY GRACIAS...for this nice 3D sokoban ... My mother enjoy it so much ;-)

    I need more levels now ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 14, 2008 12:10 AM  

  • MUY ERES BIENVENIDOS

    I usually get my levels from this web:
    http://www.sourcecode.se/sokoban/levels.php

    Enjoy ;)

    By Blogger Zalo, at July 14, 2008 8:38 PM  

  • Im using an R4DS and it starts up on a black screen for me.
    Any suggestions?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 15, 2008 4:22 AM  

  • Esta genial gonzalo, me lo he bajado y funciona perfectamente, muy currado tio, sigue asi.

    By Blogger Alvaro, at July 26, 2008 7:50 PM  

  • Wow nice game.

    http://www.arcadegamesfanatic.com

    By Blogger xtianisimo, at August 07, 2008 2:15 PM  

  • i have had to download 'YSMenu' so Jumble madness rom will play but now rokoban ds will not bootup on my r4mars card any suggestions
    thanks

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 08, 2009 2:12 PM  

  • Try the latest version from my downloads section.If you have downloaded the file from an external server it may be an old version

    By Blogger Zalo, at February 08, 2009 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home