Zalo DS Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Getting the Wii core back

One of the things that has been bothering me over the past 4 years is not being able to compile for the Wii. I had support for it a few years back, but then I introduced several improvements and never found the time to work on them for the Wii.

Recently with the 3ds port a bit more stable I decided to get it back. There are other platforms I want to support in the future but before that it is important to get all my cores up to date. Taking advantage of all the things I did for the 3ds and all the improvements that had been added to Dolphin during all these years I had finally updated it!



And of course I had compiled a version of

Rokoban





and Whack Mania




If anyone is still playing Wii homebrew games out there, please let me know your thoughts!

2 Comments:

  • sounds like good news.

    By the way, have you tried porting some DS games to the 3DS yet ? does it feel like a VeryDifferentBeast ?

    By Blogger PypeBros, at September 24, 2016 10:21 AM  

  • Yes, all the games running on the engine run on DS too. They are very different, yes. The DS is very special because it doesn't have a powerful ALU and cannot manage floats and that is constantly causing me problems of all kind. Thank god the 3D API is very similar to Open GL so that part was easier to port

    By Blogger Zalo, at September 24, 2016 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home